My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Most Terrifying Foods in the World

Cracked has really reinvented itself in a great way, from the blatant MAD Magazine knockoff, to an online humor website that is actually smart and funny, while being informative (read a MAD recently? not much of any of these things...).
Today's article is The 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World. Anyone who knows me, or read my recent Bull Penis post, knows of my, shall we say, penchant for eating exotic foods. This list though, Jesus. Most of these I have never heard of, though I am proud to say that I have eaten a minor variation of one of them: the Iraqi boiled sheep's head - last year I ate a boiled goat's head at Greek diner in Astoria. Another one, the Filipino half-incubated duck eggs I saw on Fear Factor once. By far the most disgusting one, though it's only listed as number 5, is Casu Marzu:
Casu Marzu is a sheep’s milk cheese that has been deliberately infested by a Piophila casei, the "cheese fly." The result is a maggot-ridden, weeping stink bomb in an advanced state of decomposition.

Its translucent larvae are able to jump about 6 inches into the air, making this the only cheese that requires eye protection while eating. The taste is strong enough to burn the tongue, and the larvae themselves pass through the stomach undigested, sometimes surviving long enough to breed in the intestine, where they attempt to bore through the walls, causing vomiting and bloody diarrhea


Eek. I am still creeped out by the eating of bugs. In fact, bugs in general have always creeped me the hell out. Although I did eat ants with Adam Shipman once in middle school...

No comments: