My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Mandatory Flag Pins!!

If I didn't have a glimmer of hope that Obama might actually be the real thing, the flag pin controversy would be my kind of scandal. It seems almost like a dadaist prank someone secretly pulled on the candidates, making sure they all would have to wear flag pins from now until the day they die. Unfortunately, I may be naive but I think Obama could actually make a good president. My cynicism is screaming in the back of my head to wise up, especially given his less than enlightened gay marriage stance, but I am suspending my disbelief - he at least seems unwilling to engage in attack politicking, unlike his fellow candidates.
Please Jesus just don't let the candidate be Hillary. Anyone, Edwards included, who would be willing to vote to give the president authorization to go to war, when it was SO obvious that the case was bullshit, will never get my vote, ever. I hate to say that unless Obama gets the nomination I will not vote, but I can't imagine voting for anyone else. I don't even agree with a number of his policies, he just actually seems to be somewhat honest, strong, and principled. I don't know if I've seen a politician like that in my lifetime.

No comments: