My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Fall TV Line-Up

Pushing Daisies seems promising. I caught the first episode, although I was actually kind of half-watching it. It's a cute little fantasy, with a good amount of dark humor - it reminds me of some of Roald Dahl's children's stories. The premise is pretty creative and quirky, could be tough to sustain a few seasons though: a man has the power to bring people back to life by touching them, if he touches them again they die forever, and if he doesn't touch them in 2 minutes then someone nearby dies to keep the balance or something but the second-touch thing still applies. So of course a highly desirable, hot, cool chick dies and he brings her back to life, but of course he can't touch her or else she dies. Quite a pickle.

Reaper is getting really good reviews but I honestly wasn't too into it. The trend this season seems to be quirky dramas, which I suppose is a nice alternative to the continual onslaught of cop, hospital, and court dramas. For example, Reaper is about a young guy who is contracted by Satan (played by Twin Peaks' Ray Wise to hunt down denizens of hell who have escaped. It's essentially a comedy and there were a few funny moments in it, but right now it seems a little, um... CW-ey if you know what I mean (although, 2 Family Guys every weekday? Nice, CW!).

Chuck is also getting a lot of accolades but to be honest, it just seems corny as hell, I don't think I'll find time to watch it.

I half-watched an episode of Dirty Sexy Money and it was good kind of in the same way that Desperate Housewives is good. The writing, acting, and cinematography is good, but I just don't want to spend an hour watching rich assholes, no matter how clever it is.

To be honest, it's getting really hard having to wait until February until Lost and BSG come out. This season is promising, but I want my shows!

Oh yeah! 30 Rock's season premier was hilarious!!

No comments: