My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mafoo's Mid-Morning Creep-Out



Make sure you watch it through to the end to catch the über-creepy picture. This is straight-up cult-speak. It still disgusts me that Obama picked this dude, partly because it is a giant "fuck you" to gays after Prop 8, but mainly because I think that most mega-churchs are cults. Warren sums up my fear of mega-churches in this speech explicitly. Every time I see a mega-pastor speaking to the thousands of people at a mega-church, I think of Hitler in Munich. Here, Rick Warren not only makes that comparison, he seems to make it favorably. WTF.

And did anyone think that Warren's dismissal of "moderation" was a little ironic, considering who just hired him to speak at his inauguration?

1 comment: