My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Message to Culture Jammers: Get Over Yourselves

A little girl in Maryland found a surprise in her Christmas present. Her box, supposedly containing an iPod, instead was empty, save for this philosophically illuminating note:

"Reclaim your mind from the media's shackles. Read a book and resurect [sic] yourself. To claim your capitalistic garbage go to your nearest Apple store."


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unsurprising was her reaction:
"Father, while I appreciate your meager attempts to buy my affection with electronic gadgetry, I now understand the folly of my parasitic consumerist ways. I have a deep gratitude toward this heroic, unnamed culture-jammer for knowing what is ultimately best and depriving me of my sinful aural indulgences. Please return me at once to the mall so I might supplement my knowledge-starved mind with the latest writings of Naomi Klein and Kalle Lasn."

-via BB

No comments: