My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Monday, January 21, 2008

J.G. Ballard Autobiography and Announcement

Very sad news. One of my favorite writers, J.G. Ballard, has advanced prostate cancer. He has a autobiography coming soon, which I suppose is a bit of good news. His first memoir was Empire of the Sun, which was made into a movie by Spielberg. I am forever indebted to Ballard for my experiences reading Crash and The Atrocity Exhibition, two extremely shocking and beautiful books. He has always seemed a very intelligent and sensible person, who is nonetheless unafraid of writing extremely provocative and controversial works. I've been waiting to start another Ballard novel, maybe now is the time.

Here's a treat:


"If every member of the human race were to vanish overnight, I think it would be possible to reconstitute almost every element of human psychology from the design of a vehicle..."

No comments: