My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Britain on Freedom

Two controversial issues tackled by the British government that pretty much run the gamut regarding personal freedom/responsibility:

The first, which I think is pretty ridiculous, is about the "obesity crisis". Apparently, obesity is no longer an individuals' fault, officially.

The second, which I agree with, is about polygamy. While I can easily see how many people might consider polygamy to be pretty messed up, I don't think it is the government's business. I like that they are taking a step in a more sensible direction, but I fear it is more a product of reactionary cultural relativism than respect for freedom and alternative lifestyles.

No comments: