My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Eric Wareheim music video

Jesus, check out this stunning video for MGMT's The Youth. The song is ok, but the video, directed by Eric Wareheim of Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, is quite simply a work of art. Tim and Eric's style is a blend of banal, silly, retro, creepy, and even depressing humor. There is an odd humanity present in all of it. I know that sounds cliché, but I honestly feel sad sometimes when I watch that show. This video is the purest example of that aesthetic, and it's oddly touching. There is something intangibly both unsettling and uplifting about it. So strange. I love it.

It's also beautiful, so this is a hi-res video. May take some time to load.

No comments: