My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Microtonal Recital

I had my microtonal horn recital last night at Roulette. Overall, I'm happy. Some things could have gone better of course, but I'm trying to ease up on my post-performance perfectionism. I got a lot of good feedback about my piece Tallulah for horn and laptop. I just need to get over my phobia that I am boring the audience to death while I do laptop stuff. I cut my piece short because I was convinced that it was dragging on, but most people I spoke to said they wished it was longer! Cool!
Scelsi's Khoom went really well too. Mad props to Mellissa Hughes who rocked out the vocals despite a cold that just wouldn't go away! I was super-pumped about the ensemble, some of my favorite musicians and people in the world were playing.

Here is the list of players:
John Altieri - Conductor
Mellissa Hughes - Voice
Caleb Burhans - Violin
Chris Otto - Violin
Brian Lindgren - Viola
Kevin McFarland - Cello
Shannon Zakarison - Percussion

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Mad Wuvs!!!

No comments: