My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattmarksmusic.com.
Please update your bookmarks and RSS reader.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Getting out of jury duty

How to get out of jury duty.
I haven't served yet. I almost had to, but it was the California court system that wanted me to serve and I had already been living in New York for a few years.
I do have a real, honest reason for getting out of jury duty, but I could easily see it not working: I am an anarchist. I don't believe in prisons. I would never vote guilty on anyone, no matter how harsh the crime.
I rue the day that I have to explain my philosophy to an impatient group of jurors wanting to get home to their families and deliver a prompt guilty verdict to an obviously guilty person of a violent crime.
That is why I should never serve.

No comments: